Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The welding continues

Still welding the intake manifold, finally got all the runners attached to the intermediary plate for the plenum, need to grind the welds clean and smooth out the transition from the plenum to the runner. Also doing the final welding on the downpipe/mufflers, installed the hanger bracket, once the welding is complete on the exhaust downpipe and manifold then I will be welding the frame hanger bracket to the center of the X brace on the frame.


2 comments:

  1. Welding alum looks to be a bitch. I send my alum stuff to my certified guy, he makes it looks so easy I can't stand it.

    A really good trick he taught me was running a purge gas inside the tubes I'm welding up to minimize the crusty boogers on the inside. I taped up my mig gas line into the tubes will I tig the welds. It worked really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting the 1/8" alum to weld nice was easy, but its the damned 3/8" thick material thats giving me all the problems, I heard that I should heat the alum 3/8 material up to near melting point and work with it then.

    ReplyDelete