Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

88 custom engine cradle mock up

So the last couple days I've been busy working on the design for the custom engine cradle to support the 2.0L Ecotec motor and transmission, I'm also updating the suspension to a 88 Fiero setup with proper multilink and trailing arm.

Right now the design is mostly made on autocad, but I have started mocking up pieces in bristol board (old school yes I know) but thanks to CCFiero, he's great with Solid edge and is also helping me out with some 3D renderings as well. Still gotta work out a couple issues with my flat design so that I can close up some gaps, I think the design is coming up nicely, the main side rails are mainly made out of 2 pieces of 0.120 thick mild steel, when all bent up the two pieces will come together and create a single rail piece.

Anyways onto a few pics, also shown is the autocad flat design to show how interesting the pieces are before bending.





No comments:

Post a Comment