Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2011

Its been a busy month, some progress.

Its been a busy one lately, with xmas, family emergency, work and regular day to day life, but I have gotten a few more things started.

Mainly I started doing some dash work with getting the seats semi mounted (this project is on pause right now), when I got the dash mounted I realized the stock Fiero shifter location is directly in the way of the main console, so the shifter had to be moved and re-designed. When I started looking at the shifter assembly I also started looking at better cables which I am still trying to figure out so it might not look 100% correct right now.

Also, I started working on the auxiliary gauge setup in the dash........I've got 8 gauges right now, looking for a place to maybe fit one more, also I am going to have to figure out where to mount the stereo, because there is absolutely no room left in the dash, lastly I got the rims and wheels back on the car, the last month has been really bad for moving the car around the shop on the dolly, the weight of the chassis crushed the rubber wheels and split them open making it next to impossible to roll the car.

Lastly I might have run into a problem with the front steering requiring me to have to re-design the rack mounting location, I'm not getting proper angles one the wheels when turned to full lock..........more work.






1 comment:

  1. What kind of information do your gauges display?
    Are you sorting them in any way to prioritize information? I could see this leading to information overload during a race. What was your approach of solving that?

    ReplyDelete