Search This Blog

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Saturday of progress

Got a few things done yesterday, first off had to hit the wrecker to grab a couple pieces that I scraped with the ION that I shouldn't have, mainly the ABS pump and the windshield wiper motor. At the time that I was planning the build I didn't include the possibility for ABS, but as the project went on and I was using stock wheel hubs with ABS sensors I said why not include it. Secondly I figured that I would be able to get a Fiero windshield wiper motor to work on the ION wiring harness, this isn't possible at least not easily, it would be easier to take the ION motor and mod it onto the Fiero bracket for the windshield wipers. I also picked up a bunch of headlights, turn signals and a couple fog lights that I think may look good on the front end that I'm going to be building.

On the assembly front I was able to finally get the heater coolant ports tapped with a 1/2-14NPT and got the fittings installed so that I could get the header mounted. I'm going to use the heater ports to cool the turbo as the car isn't going to have any HVAC setup, well not in the normal sense, I'm going to be running a defog motor setup to keep the car "legal" but that is all. After the header was mounted I also installed the turbo re-clocked the turbo so the drain and oil feed ports were in the right position plus installed the exhaust piping. I'm going to have to design some bracing for the turbo and manifold, currently the weight is being supported by a 2x4.

Lastly I started modifying the original fuel tank to accept the ION fuel pump setup, gotta laser a couple parts but it should work out pretty mint.












No comments:

Post a Comment