Search This Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fierion concept drawings

I guess every project has to start with an idea, at first I was going to use a S-series Saturn 1.9L DOHC engine, that changed when I located a complete Cobalt SS turbo motor, turbo and clutch for a great deal. Unfortunately looking into get that motor to work in a older chassis required massive amount of computers and wiring from a cobalt turbo car, which was going to be difficult and expensive to locate, also said car has a direct injection system that wasn't on the engine when I bought it and those parts can only be located at stealerships. Coming to this realization I though about my 2004 Saturn ION redline which has a similar motor (supercharged not turbo) and it doesn't have direct injection, but it does have all the other parts that I required to complete the project. As if it was fate, a second Fiero in really good shape came across me, one that could be used as a daily driver while I strip my former daily driver.

So this is currently what the project is going to consist of. Somethings might change due to different reasons but this is what I am aiming for.

-2004 LSJ engine, complete with a 2004 saturn ion redline wiring harness and computers
-Removed the supercharger kit, and I am building it up to have a LNF turbo from a cobalt.
-Custom ram horn style exhaust manifold
-Custom aluminum intake manifold
-Standard F35 5-speed transmission
-Custom multi link rear suspension w/coilover McPherson strut.
-Custom dual a-arm front suspension w/coilover setup.
-Brakes will consist of Corvette rotors, haven't decided on what calipers and master cylinder to go with yet.
-Interior is going to have a 240SX dashboard, more gauges than a jet airplane, racing seats and a awesome stereo setup
-Exterior is mostly going to be custom built pieces, some will be stock parts modified slightly.

Here is a couple concept drawings of the project.



No comments:

Post a Comment