Search This Blog

Monday, May 30, 2011

Shifter assembly and cables

Started working on the shifter assembly this past weekend, I was hoping to change a few things from the factory Fiero and ION shifter assemblies, I wanted to move the shifter pivots low in the assembly and move the linkages up above the pivots, this shouldn't affect operation since I have only moved the linkages to the other side of the fulcrum keeping the distance the same as before, but what I do gain in moving the shifter pivot lower down is (hopefully) more movement in the shifter without adjusting the throw.....because I want to run a Ferrari style gate on my console and I hope with these adjustments I will be able to.

Also instead of running custom cables, I am using the stock ION cables with extensions and heim joints, in doing this I wanted to keep custom made parts to a minimum in case there is ever a need for a replacement part they will be off the shelf pieces (yes I know my suspension is custom, but I tried to use standard off the shelf racing parts and standard GM parts as much as possible, the only real custom parts in the suspension is the front and rear knuckles)

This week I am hoping to start mounting other pieces in the engine bay and front boot like the nitrous tank, meth tank, overflow tank, meth pump, nitrous solenoids, battery, etc. This weekend I should be bringing the first body piece to the shop for test fit and customization. On to a few pics.......

No comments:

Post a Comment