Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

It's been a few weeks

Unfortunately I've been busy, very busy, had a summer vacation then get back to the office to find out that I was needed in Chicago and New York two weeks in a row........progress has been slow the last couple weeks. With that behind me I did get some work done last night, mostly cleaned up the car, put a few things away, tried to refresh where I was in the build. Because I left off at extending the wiring for the front lights I decided to start mounting the 300ZX headlights to the car, going to need them in order to run the wiring for the lights. I kinda wish I had them before I painted the chassis, in order to get the lights mounted I had to cut some of the upper bumper support out and it looks like I'm going to have to remove the hood hinge mounting (I'm going with a one piece front clip anyways) in order to narrow the lights and get them in the right location, currently I think they are an inch too far apart and won't fit proper in the hood/fender area. I'll get them in the right location tonight plus design the brackets to properly mount them, currently there's just one bolt holding them into the bumper reinforcing beam.





No comments:

Post a Comment