Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

More and more wires

There's gotta be an end to the wiring.........hopefully soon.......actually it shouldn't be that far off, the list of wires that need to be run, extended or just connected is getting less and less.

Last night got a few things started/completed in the wiring department, had a couple small issues with the headlight wiring, my mistake, had the polarity of the headlights different from driver to passenger (positive common on one, neg on the other) and going off the GM wiring diagram it said that high beams were the blue wire, pink was low.......reality was different so the lights were backwards on the controls.

Once that was done Yu-Ju gave me a hand wiring the cooling fans, I didn't get them extended to the engine wiring harness last night but the they are run into the passenger cabin, also I started running the amplifier 0AWG power and ground wires, plus added the 3 wires to both doors to mount the 4 speakers that will go into each door. I was on the fence with this, I do and I don't want a stereo mounted, extra weight for the track........vs cruising with some tunes, tunes won in the end.

I'm totally running out of center console room to run the myriads of wires through the car......I'm pretty certain GM engineers back in the 80's didn't think this was going to happen or they would have made more room........haha

Pictures aren't that impressive today as it's the same view as of late but with a couple extra wire looms/wires.





No comments:

Post a Comment