Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2017

Them's the brakes.

While I'm waiting for the fuel pump to arrive (on my desk this morning) I figured it was a good time to get some brakes and clutch lines created and run, last night I finished running all the lines, still need to make some brackets to mount them to the body and frame, sounds like another job for the 3D printer. Still need to bleed the brakes/clutch and for some reason I'm missing my brake master cap......Lastly I took apart my steering rack mounting as my Ackerman angle was completely out by a mile, I realized that the bracket I had made pushed the rack too far out and was messing up all the geometry, once I had cust the factory 88 steering rack brackets off I realized that the Mustang2 mount points would mount nicely into the subframe bracket, just gotta drill two holes, clean up and repaint the frame, then bolt into place.......doing so also fixed the problem of my steering shaft rubbing the body a bit and also the coolant hose, so it became a triple problem fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment