Search This Blog

Saturday, February 26, 2011

88 Custom engine cradle fabrication part 4 and rear suspension mock up

So it was a very big day today, I got the engine and upper transmission mounts welded up and installed, there was a re-design of both mounts. The engine mount is an LSJ Ion/Cobalt mount now although the upper transmission mount is still a L-series Saturn mount I redesigned the mount on the transmission so that it sits lower on the transmission and gives me much better clearance for the shifter cables.

I also removed the engine cradle from the jig today, installed the tube for the front mount location and trailing arm bolt location, since the jig was removed I was able to start mocking up the rear suspension with the fully adjustable control arms and trailing arms with polyurethane bushings.

Lastly I started welding up the rear knuckles, I only did some tack welding since my welder at work is only a light duty TIG welder, I will send the pieces off to the other plant where my intake manifold was welded.

Keep in mind that most of the pieces don't have final welds done to them yet, I have only did tack welding everywhere in case there is a problem and I need to modify pieces.





















No comments:

Post a Comment