Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

Rear strut and camber plate test fit part 1

Quick update tonight, today was the first test fit of the rear coilover setup, it is a bilstien insert shock with a custom made coilover assembly. This isn't the final rendition of the unit, these were the units that I used on my ION, the housing will need to be modified with new strut to knuckle mounting plates and possibly a new design for the rear swaybar, but I won't be able to check that until the new engine cradle gets mounted. Also you might notice that the shock angle is incorrect for a 88 style suspension, something that I overlooked until I did the test fit today is that the suspension tower at the top on the 84-87 is several degrees different than the 88's, because of this I will need to calculate the difference in the towers, and either adjust the current spring/strut mounting plate or cut a thicker one and machine it to the correct angle so the struts sit at the proper angle.



No comments:

Post a Comment