Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Weekend of welding

Today was a busy one, before welding the custom 88 style subframe I wanted to finish a couple other little projects that were just waiting to be done. First one was hard mounting the intercooler, very simple setup thats going to take air from over the roof via a large bird catcher and ram it into the intercooler, to keep engine bay temps down I am going to be venting the deck lid and possibly something with the rear bumper or the rear tail lights. Second thing was to cut out the stock 85 strut location and weld in my 88 location plates with top camber adjustment plates. Last thing I got down was the tack welding of the first piece of the subframe and did a test fit into the engine cradle jig.......one thing you will notice is that I don't have proper bolts, rather sharpies and drill bits holding the points, I forgot to bring in some M12 bolts, I will bring them in shortly. Not sure what tomorrow will bring, still working on a small problem with the cooling system on the 3800SC swapped daily driver Fiero which I will be modifying a stock 2.8L engine fill cap w/thermostat to work on the 3800, so this will take a hour or two out of tomorrows project time.










No comments:

Post a Comment