Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The church of the wiring monster

After running into a problem with parts supplied and not being able to run more plumbing I decided to start with the spaghetti monster of a wiring harness......actually it might not be as bad as I thought. Last night I was able to add loom to the main harness and several other off shoots including the rear taillights and ECU. Thank goodness that I have GM wiring diagrams and I'm able to track down wire colours and what each wire do. I've still gotta stretch all the wiring for the headlights, MAF sensor, run the main battery lines, plus all the aftermarket gauges/devices and connect a couple large grounds in the engine bay but I should be able to button all that up this weekend. Right now I'm just tie wrapping the harness to the frame but I need to come up with a cleaner way to hang the harness and something that doesn't crush with wire loom.




No comments:

Post a Comment